Updated: Sep 20
We are seeking a full time Estimator to join our team!
MacKenzie Atlantic is an award-winning manufacturing and CNC machine shop in Musquodoboit Harbour, Nova Scotia, servicing the defense, aerospace, oil and gas and medical sectors. We use state-of-the-art technology and processes to carry out some of the most complex jobs in the industry. We’re known for our quality, attention to detail, innovation and unparalleled customer service.
This position will be responsible for generating quotations to submit to our customers and for developing new client relationships.
The ideal candidate would possess strong communication skills, be a skilled machinist, be familiar with ERP systems (E2) and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Estimator Job Responsibilities:
· Process RFQ’s based on customer supplied engineering drawings
· Work with vendors to secure material pricing
· Consult with co-workers to discuss and formulate quoting strategies
· Build estimates in ERP (E2 Shop Systems experience an asset)
· Maintain and develop customer relations
· Update estimates based on data collection
· Work with operations manager to provide accurate lead times to customers
· Contribute to weekly management meetings
· Develop new customer relationships and business opportunities
· Must have more than 5 years’ experience working as a machinist (manual & CNC)
· CNC programming experience is an asset
· Familiar with materials used in manufacturing industry; Aluminum, Stainless Steel, All types of plastics, exotic materials (Ferralium, Inconel etc.)
· Must be confident using computer systems (E2 Shop Systems is an asset)
· Experience working in a dynamic team environment
· Able to switch priorities to meet the demands of our customers
· Customer focused
· Detail orientated and process driven
· MUST be able to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
· Friendly and have great communication skills
· Maintain a clean and efficient work environment
Please send us your resume and a 1-2 page cover letter (in MS Word or PDF) describing what makes you an ideal candidate for this role via email only to: email@example.com
MacKenzie Atlantic is an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate all expressions of interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Find out more at www.mackenzieatlantic.com or read the latest news on our MacKenzie Atlantic Facebook page.