Updated: Sep 21
We’re looking for an experienced Office Administrator to join our team!
MacKenzie Atlantic is an award-winning manufacturing and CNC machine shop in Musquodoboit Harbour, Nova Scotia, servicing the defense, aerospace, oil and gas and medical sectors. We use state-of-the-art technology and processes to carry out some of the most complex jobs in the industry. We’re known for our quality, attention to detail, innovation and unparalleled customer service.
We are seeking a full time Office Administrator to join our team. The successful applicant for this position will be responsible for completing HR tasks for our company, and for being the lead administration employee for our company. Accounting/Bookkeeping experience is a plus, as this role requires the use of Sage accounting software.
The ideal candidate would possess strong administrative and bookkeeping skills, be proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook), be familiar with ERP systems (E2) and thrive in a multitasking environment.
- Five years of progressive experience in an administrative position
- Basic bookkeeping skills
- Proficient in MS Office software (Outlook / Word / Excel)
- Effective people skills; HR experience
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Strong time management skills, with initiative and follow-up capabilities
- Fluent in English and able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Must be a multitasker with keen attention to detail
- The successful candidate must be able to obtain a satisfactory criminal record check
- Must be flexible, and comfortable working on unique tasks as needed in an evolving environment
Note: Public transportation is not available
Work is performed in an office environment with extended periods of sitting, typing, computer use.
Occasional visits to the production area where there will be exposure to noise.
Benefits: Group Health and employer matched RRSP, team building events.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Set up new accounts for vendors and customers.
- Oversee building maintenance and associated history files
- Oversee HR activities, administer benefits, conduct new hire orientations, schedule training as required.
- Manage safety committee as management representative, and act on safety committee duties
- Perform data entry
- Maintain and prepare reports from manual or electronic file
- Scan documents, organize within a folder and email contents
- Process incoming and outgoing messages electronically
- Type and proofread correspondence, forms and other documents
- Label, file and retrieve documents
- Arrange courier shipments
- Other duties as required
Please send us your resume and a 1-2 page cover letter (in MS Word or PDF) describing what makes you an ideal candidate for this role via email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
MacKenzie Atlantic is an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate all expressions of interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Find out more at www.mackenzieatlantic.com or read the latest news on our MacKenzie Atlantic Facebook page.